The Fire Breather Who Had Crohn's Disease
I once knew a man who taught himself to swirl fuel in his mouth and then spit it out while he lit a flame to it, the so-called fire breathing trick. He performed this act when he wanted a thrill or some extra cash, busking on street corners or in parks. He was a member of Mensa, the high intelligence "tribe", so it is surprising that he never figured out that toxic leakage from his mouthful of fuel down through his gastrointestinal tract from this fire breathing practice of his was the most likely case of his chronic Chrohn's disease, from which he suffered severe abdominal pain, persistent diarrhea, bowel urgency, weight loss, and fatigue.
Makes one wonder what other toxic practices we humans inflict on ourself.
Self-inflicted Fiery Agony
by Annmarie Throckmorton, copyright 2024