Have the Captains of Industry all gone mad?
Are defective products the only goods that merchants can scrounge up to sell in the beginning of the 21st century? One could simply call many of the goods up for sale, the "bads".
Note to self: Never use Milliard Bedding again, for this company to require a 71 year-old woman to cut a mattress in half as proof for refund is absurd; their alternative of giving away a personal item such as a defective mattress during a viral pandemic is wrong-thinking; to ask me to do the impossible of stuffing a too large mattress into a small residential trash bin is strange and stupid. Milliard Bedding's return policies are ridiculous.
The following are some of the emails exchanged as I worked to recover the cost of this defective mattress. There was quite a bit of redundancy as Milliard Bedding refused to understand my position on the matter.
01-13-21 Amazon Marketplace US, the point of sale, gave me a full credit of $118.96 for the defective Tri-fold mattress from Milliard Bedding, "The Ultimate Sleep Experience". Sure, if your ultimate is sleeping on the hard floor.
01-13-21 I emailed to email@example.com.
Disposal image attached-please refund the $118.96, Order Number: 111-5305472-3806651, for defective Millard Brand Tri-Fold mattress
Ricky, Milliard Bedding Representative,
I have attached the photo that you requested of the defective Tri-fold Mattress on the curb for disposal, it is on top of my trash bin. A man passing by tried to help me stuff it into the trash bin, but it will not fit. Please refund #118.96 to my VISA card. Thank you.
01-13-21 I emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please refund the defective Millard Brand Tri-Fold mattress that I emailed you about on 01-02-18 without forcing me to do any of the odd options for return that you have offered. Note: I have already emailed you the images of this Tri-Fold mattress sagging down to the floor. Also note: I do not want to have to contact the AG about this matter: which is both a defective product and a sanitation problem.
Attorney General Grewal
West Wing 25 Market Street, 8th Floor
Trenton, NJ 08625
(1) I cannot in good conscience donate a used mattress to charity because COVID-19 limitations on exchanging personal items and the FACT that the mattress is defective and even poor people should not have to essentially have to sleep on the floor as they would with this sagging, defective product.
(2) I walk with a cane on a good day, and a walker on a bad day. How HOW would I get that cumbersome mattress into a trash bag, and where would I get a trash bag large enough? Not possible.
(3) I have attached a photo of my new mattress purchased today (and the receipt for it), and a picture of me today, an old woman who is not capable of cutting a mattress in half. Are you kidding? Please refund this defective mattress. This unreasonable fuss is giving me chest pains, and I do not want another heart attack. I cannot fulfill any of the other options offered, I am sorry.
(When I called Milliard Bedding in follow-up to my email, Milliard Bedding insisted that I must at least provide them with a photo of the mattress in my trash bin.)
01-11-21 email from email@example.com
RE [milliardbrands] Re: [milliardbrands] Contacts Form - new submission
Leah Customer Service (milliardbrands)
Milliard policy does not allow us to sell an opened bedding product. Therefore we do not encourage actual returns of these products. Instead we offer our customers two virtual return options:
1) Drop the mattress off at your local Goodwill or other charity organization and send us a picture of the receipt. Once we receive the picture, a full refund will be issued immediately.
**Please note: A picture of the receipt is required in order to receive the refund.
If you choose this option, we thank you in advance on behalf of the people who will benefit from your kind act. Note that some charities may offer a free pickup.
2) Cut the mattress foam and cover down the center (split it into 2 pieces) and send us a picture. Once the picture is received and approved, we will issue a full refund. Please do not discard the product until you have received your refund.
Alternatively, if you would like to keep the product as is we can issue a 50% refund to your order.
If you still prefer a standard return, let us know and we can send you a return label via email. You can wrap the item in a garbage bag(please tape it tightly closed) and drop it off at any UPS location.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation,
01-06-21 I posted an online comment to https://www.milliardbrands.com/
On 01-02-18 I bought the Milliard Tri-Fold Foam Folding Mattress and Sofa Bed for Guests or Floor Mat - Twin XL 78x38x4½" Removable Cover, for $118.96 It was described as a "bed" that will not "sag", and:
Simple, but elegant alternative when full-size sofa beds aren’t an option.
Great for apartment dwellers, college dorms, family dens and when your traveling or anywhere else space is limited.
Great for Video gaming, reading a book or camping and of course sleeping. Includes a removable and machine-washable soft cover!
Made out of CertiPUR-US® Certified high density Foam so your bed dosn't sag (sic) and is light and portable enough for use while travelling. (sic)
Size: 78"x38"x4½ (Twin XL). Storage Dimensions are 38"x29"x14 which makes it easy to store in tight spaces.
I did not use this "bed" until 08-14-20 when I sold my bedroom suite in anticipation of moving cross-country where I expected to buy a new bedroom suite. I would be using the Milliard Tri-Fold Foam Folding Mattress in the meanwhile. Due to COVID-19 I have been delayed from moving, but I recently sold my bedroom suite and since 08-14-20 I have used my Milliard Tri-Fold Foam Folding Mattress each night. In other words, I have used this Milliard Tri-Fold Foam Folding Mattress for only four months and already it sags to the floor, which is of course unacceptably uncomfortable. (Also the mattress fabric retains lint.) See attached photos, and please refund the $118.96 that I paid. Thank you.
Defective Milliard Tri-Fold mattress on the curb for trash pickup.
My Bedroom Suite since 2000—10 pieces—SOLD