Treat One Another Honorably
After 70 years on this Good Earth, trying to sort it out, I am fairly certain that people express hatred for other people whom they plan to cheat, rob, injure, and/or murder, to convince themselves that those other people deserve bad treatment. Other people hate back at them because they are afraid of being harmed in those ways. Christianity, with all its flaws, explicitly instructs us treat one another honorably. I am going my absolute best to do so, but it is sometimes surprisingly difficult.
Summary of the 10 Commandments*
1. Do not have any other god before God
2. Do not make yourself an idol
3. Do not take the Lord's name in vain
4. Remember the Sabbath Day and keep it holy
5. Honor your mother and father
6. Do not murder
7. Do not commit adultery
8. Do not steal
9. Do not testify or fear false witness against your neighbor
10. Do not covet
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
* Source: https://www.biblestudytools.com/bible-stories/the-10-commandments-bible-verse-list-and-meaning.html
Caption: Why So Difficult To Treat One Another Honorably?
by Annmarie Throckmorton 2019