- Annmarie Throckmorton, M.A.
Ten Things I Would Do If I Were Twenty-Nine Instead of Sixty-Nine.
1. Instead of trying every weekend, I would try every day to find a life-mate, I would try even on days when I was tired from working.
2. I would try ten strategies, instead of the same strategy ten times.
3. I would choose my friends for their stability and kindness, instead of their attractive quirks.
4. Having more friends who could help me instead of allowing so many friends into my life so that I could help them would have been fairer to me.
5. Probably could have gone to a few more parties.
6. Should have spent more money on clothing, taken control of people’s perceptions of me.
7. Could have insisted on staying in my home state, instead of letting life drag me across the country with empty promises of better jobs with better pay.
8. Would have taken more vacations, if I knew then what I know now which is that my ocean cruises were money well spent.
9. I would have let myself borrow money for my higher education sooner. It was money best spent.
10. It was not necessary to do formal exercises like aerobics, my natural explorations in the world were enough, such as hiking, swimming, boating...
Caption: If I Were Twenty-Nine
by Annmarie Throckmorton 2018.